Wednesday 11 April 2012

The Giant Leapt - view from the other side

3 weeks since I arrived in Amberley.
Over that period a raft of experience has been undertaken.
The first week including arrival date I was quite wobbly…. Taking the form of mentally ‘what have I done’ and a rather explicit version of said comment over the period of a week to the physical….just reflecting the mental adjustment (everything ached).
As expected the family have been outstanding in particular Susan (my cousin) and her husband Michael, they have been up and down, stayed a couple of nights, just for company, helped stack 4 cords of wood, do the garden, the lawns, unpack, give advise, provide meals, and the list goes on, Christian from their very core.
But hardly a day has gone by where there has not been a visitor, generally family, always said I was exceptionally lucky to have a great family, and the past 3 weeks have only cemented my blessings.
Likewise the phone has rung constantly with my terrific Auckland friends calling on a daily basis to check out my progress and asking for updates of which room was attacked today and how does it look?
It has taken a little while but I have just started my morning walks again, although an exercise circuit is yet to be discovered. I have noticed a little local gym, which needs further investigation. I proudly announced to the world leaving Auckland would automatically start my road to an Elle McPherson type body as no more daily baking from Millys which mostly I didn’t resist. However the food that has come through my door, nobody arrives without some treat or morsel, and I had to find out how my oven coped with the famous Whiskey Cake (very well if a little hot), practice my egg free chocolate mini cakes for egg free Jackson, almond/hazelnut crumble for the gluten free family members, so as you can see the baking is back in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment