Friday 25 March 2011

Saturday Breather

Wow, the weeks come and go and life continues to be busy, so I have made a resolution to start my New Year on 1 April. I figure I could ease the brakes on the year and have another new beginning. I am going to swap 'hectic' to 'rumble'. Steady would be dead boring, and I dont want that on any level!
Today's colour comes from a great discovery I made on holiday losing myself in my favourite magazine, the English House & Garden. I have often said I love that mag so much I could very happily just live inside it... anyhow, I discovered two ladies who operate out of Beirut and meld together fantastic tapestries of old and new worlds and found this beetle they had covered for charity - isn't it fantastic!
A little about these fantastic women.

Bojka Design
Hoda Boroudi and Maria Hibri are the Beirut based duo behind Bojka Design. The pair is natural union of talent and creativity. The both share a love of antiques and vintage furniture, as well as a passion for ancient textiles and tapestries from countries along the Silk Road. Established in 2000, Bojka is an expression of respect and love for an age-old culture and aesthetic with human approach. The concept stands for a poetic sense of colour, an emphasis on craftsmanship, and the sustainable use of available materials to express an artistic idea with an ever present spiritual content.

No comments:

Post a Comment