Saturday 20 October 2012

Half way through Spring

Well with the laptop on my knee I can type again for 2 hands, albeit not quite the same speed as before. My shoulder is coming along well, with regular physio and exercise. I have spent 3 weeks in Chch with family and 3 weeks at home with various family and friends staying to help out, in particular in the kitchen. It has been like a wonderful holiday of catching up with people, but them visiting me instead of me travelling. Like all holidays, it must end and now I need to concentrate on the recoup, getting work and back into the local community. I drove for the first time today which was a little dodgy but will rip round the village every day to get it sorted.
The garden is looking wonderful, the blossoms and flowers, I just had no idea what treasures have been hiding throughout the winter.
It is now a week or so since I started this blog,so being a long weekend, and having done my token amount of weeding, I feel I should finish this. As you probably know I am now manager of the local farmers market (Waipara Valley Farmers Market) which is great fun, and of course, where my heart lies. I have a million ideas, but need to focus on the 7 hours a week I am paid rather than the 24/7 time I spend thinking and dreaming about it.
As with all things local, the people are terrific, genuine and it has a great community feel. As for me, 4 hours walking around talking to so many different people, locals, tourists and anybody! It is such a joy! As you would expect I dont think I come home with much cash, just cant help buying the produce! Anyhow will sign off now as there will be plenty more to talk about in the coming weeks. The Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment